Dr. Anil Heroor
MBBS (Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai)
Dr. Anil Heroor has completed his basic training from Tata Memorial Hospital, a premier Cancer Institute in the country and his MBBS from the Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He did his General Surgical training from the LTMG Hospital, Mumbai. He was adjudged 1st in LTMGH in MS and received Wockhardt award for the same.
After passing MS, he did his Surgical Oncology training at the Tata Memorial Hospital, performing numerous cancer surgeries. He has numerous publications including International publications to his credit.
He heads the Surgical Oncology Unit at Fortis Hospital Mulund. The Unit does about 500 cases every year. He has started the MINIMAL ACCESS ( Laproscopic ) Surgery Unit in Fortis Hospital for Colorectal Cancer. The Unit trains young surgeons in minimal access oncosurgery. Last year Maharashtra University of Health Sciences approved a Fellowship program for COLORECTAL SURGERY under his guidance at the Fortis hospital Mulund. He has his own clinics and day care chemotherapy centers ONCOHOPE at THANE MULUND AND DOMBIVLI.
He conducts regular CMEs and is an active faculty at numerous conferances. He was the Scientific Committee chairman at the Maharastra Association of Surgeons (MASICON) held in Thane in 2014. He is also Secretary, Surgical Society Thane.
He is active in social causes having organised numerous awareness programmes in schools , senior citizens clubs and society in general. Recently he has organised a CANCER AWARENESS WALK in Dombivli on 22 nd FEBRUARY which was received well by citizens of Dombivli. He is a trustee of GKC trust which works for the eradication of the tobacco habit in society. He is also on the board of Adhar Rekha Pratisthan which works for Cancer patients in Thane. .
Fortis Hospital ( Mulund&Kalyan ) Kaushalya Medical Foundation, Thane
- Indian Society on Oncology
- Indian Society of Surgical Oncology
- Indian Medical Association
- Visiting Research fellow in 2001 in the Department of Oesophageal Diseases with Prof. Fujita at the Kurume University Hospital, Japan.
- Clinical Observer in 2001 at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. New York, USA. With the Thoracic Services.
- Visited the New York Presbyterian Hospital and attended the Surgeries conducted by Dr. Altoriki who is a leading figure in the field of Oesophageal cancer.
- Fellowship from Samsung Medical Center, Seoul South Korea for Laparoscopic co- related surgery and Basic Robotic Surgery.
Area Of Interest
- Minimal access ( Laparoscopic ) surgery for cancer including Gynaecological malignancies.
- Breast cancer including Breast Conservation therapy for cancer
- Thoracic Surgery like Lung Cancer Surgery.
- Colorectal surgery
- Mediastinal tumors
- Oesophageal cancer
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Paper award at ISOCON 02 from Indian Society of Oncology.
- Varoon Mahajan Scholarship from Varoon Mahajan Trust, USA for training in thoriacic service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, N.Y.USA.
- Wockhardt Award 97 for standing First in MS in LTMM College, Mumbai.
- Best Paper Award at MASICON 96 held at Ahmednagar.